LEM Products, a distributor of meat processing equipment, with about 60 employees in West Chester, Ohio, and a Aliniti client since 2011.
LEM Products is not a large enough company to justify employing a full-time HR department, but they were experiencing real needs. They needed someone to take the lead in aligning their organizational structure to their plans for growth. However, all of the current employees were being stretched in multiple directions. Roles within the organization lacked clarity and no one had the capacity to take on HR. In addition, the company did not have a consistent performance review system.
With future growth in mind, we helped LEM Products determine immediate and long-term organizational goals for HR, and work on a plan that realizes those goals.
To help LEM, our solutions included:
- Conducted an overall HR assessment to identify HR risk areas and aided the LEM team in making priorities and a plan to limit discovered risks.
- Delivered an Employee Handbook to clearly define policies and procedures.
- Created a near-term and long term organizational structure that is aligned to the growth of the business.
- Wrote job descriptions and identified key performance indicators for organizational roles.
- Helped fulfill roles in the organizational structure.
Ashley Kohnen, COO anticipates “This will help us see a huge increase in overall performance. I think organizationally we’ll be better, allowing us to deliver more product, on time, and cost effectively.”