Phillips Tube Group (PTG) is an industry leader in welded steel tubing that operates three tubing locations: Shelby Welded Tube (OH), Middletown Tube Works (OH) and Phillips Tube Group of Alabama. PTG has been in business for over 50 years and manufactures carbon and/or stainless steel tube, operating its own trucking division. PTG has about 40 direct employees and has partnered with Aliniti since 2016.
As a thriving manufacturer, PTG identified that a new CFO role was necessary to lead the financial function of the organization and make a shift from operational leadership to strategic leadership. Having previously hired a vacant Director of HR position for PTG, Aliniti were seen to be the right partner again.
Aliniti benchmarked the position and developed a detailed job description as well as a clearly defined set of goals and targets for the prospective hire. Aliniti’s candidate assessment programs and continued onboarding helped PTG to identify a talented candidate who will fill the role and grow with the company.
To help PTG our solutions included:
- Developed position overview and benchmarked the position with TriMetrix assessments
- Conducted market research and created a tailored strategy to attract the right talent
- Sourced qualified candidates and built a strong candidate pool based on position requirements
- Vetted candidates through a thorough interview process including phone screenings, technical interviews, assessments, and references
- Created customized interview guides constructed from benchmarking data and candidate assessment results to assess candidates’ overall job and organizational fit
- Presented initial job offer to final round candidate and facilitated negotiations
- Developed a customized onboarding plan for the new hire’s first 12 months of employment
- Managed onboarding and coaching for new hire’s first 12 months of employment
“The Aliniti team were very professional and very task-oriented. Business owners are not always easy to get in a room or to respond in a timely fashion. They were very assertive in keeping the process going and I appreciated that. It’s easy for these processes to fall apart when they transcend a few months. Their energy was good, and they kept us all on the time frame. It’s interesting because I had budgeted the CFO salary to start in April and that’s exactly when it did,” explained Scott Hendrix (Member of PTG Board of Advisors).
Aliniti’s recruitment process aims to ensure clarity regarding the expectations of the role, both for the company and the future hire. Duane Rutter (PTG’s new CFO), has started his new position with no surprises and is set up for future success in the role.
“I have never been through a recruitment process at this high of a level. Aliniti really are fully engaged the whole time, probably more than most companies. When I arrived I knew exactly what was expected of me,” said Duane.